It is good to see when your website has "Favicon". It is an icon image seen on the browser's tab when your site is viewed. It adds some good vibes and identity to your site. It also provides a professional look for your website and can help improve its brand.
Before, I feel lazy creating favicons for those sites that I make. Now we have these free online favicon makers. Below is the list of top favicon generator that I like.
- Faviconer - Faviconer.com, or favicon generator, is online tool for creating favicon.ico icons for your websites.
- Favicon.cc - favicon.cc is a tool to create or download favicon.ico icons, that get displayed in the address bar of every browser.
- Favicon-Generator.org - Favicon Generator provides an easy way to convert and GIF, PNG or JPEG to ICO which is supported by all modern web browsers. It also enables you to create favicons from scratch via a handy online editor.
- FaviconGenerator.com - Create free favicon.ico page icons with Favicon Generator, instantly make custom Favicons for your website.
- AntiFavicon.com - Favicons generated here contain text instead of images in order to be descriptive, but are colored to be nice looking.
- Favicon Generator and Gallery - Create favicon.ico files to customize the marketing logo in Internet Explorer's favorites/bookmarks using this free online tool.
- GenFavicon - The most common sizes for favicons are: 16x16, 32x32, 48x48, 64x64, 128x128. Browse to the files location on your computer to select the image and press Upload Image button to generate a favicon for your site.
- FreeFavicon - Generate a free favicon for your website from an image, you can also specify scrolling text.
You can add favicons to your site by adding a line of code in the head section of your HTML. For example:
<link href='https://www.codeofaninja.com/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/>
Image from Ashung. Thanks for dropping by! :)